Bissell Brothers opened their new taproom at Thompson’s Point this weekend. I stopped by to check out the new space and some beer. Enjoy!
Category: Maine Beer Adventures (Page 1 of 4)
All About Beer Magazine – Volume 36, Issue 6
Despite being the historic home of Neal Dow, the father of the Prohibition statute known as The Maine Law, Portland, Maine, is far from being dry today. There are now nearly a dozen breweries in the immediate Portland area, and over 60 statewide. Beers from breweries spread across the state can often be found on tap somewhere in Portland—saving lots of additional travel to the more far-flung corners of the state. The city of Portland has its own airport and is also easily accessible by bus and rail from Boston—making it an ideal spot for a weekend beer visit. [Read more on All About Beer.com]
A few notes on this article since it went to print:
- Austin Street Brewery is not as tiny
- Rising Tide Brewing Co. has a newly expanded tasting room
- Bissell Brothers has moved to a new location at Thompson’s Point
- Foundation Brewing plans to expand into the former Bissell Brothers space
- Urban Farm Fermentory is now brewing beer (gruit) in addition to ciders, kombucha.
- A new brewery, Lone Pine Brewing Company, has joined the yEast Bayside neighborhood.
That’s the pace of the changes around here! Cheers!